Thursday 13 January 2011

Charity

My good deed for 2010 was finally achieved around 10th December after one of the things I had wanted to do all year was to donate to a charity!

After much deliberation I found one I really believe in....the 'Steam Our Scotsman' appeal by the National Railway Museum in York (I know, I know it's not a 'charity' as such!).

It's a request from the NRM for donations towards getting the most famous locomotive in the world, and my personal favourite No.4472, Class A3 'Flying Scotsman' back in steam and running mainline duties.

I cannot wait until this day happens!

Anyway, I donated in double figures to them and here is my lovely certificate for my kind act:


I'm now part of the 4472 club and am to recieve newsletters on the progress of the 'Flying Scotsman' restoration. My name will appear on the SOS Wall of Fame too, nice little touch.

If you'd like to donate or want to know more about the cause please visit http://www.flyingscotsman.org.uk/sos.aspx and give genorously!

No comments: