Wednesday 8 June 2011

125 Group

The 125 group was created 15 years ago with the aim of restoring to mainline operation the HST Prototype no.41001 (or 252 001) which is currently housed at the NRM York. I'm always interested in the current preservation and restoration movement of historic Loco's and there's not many more more loved than the HST.

As a child of the 80's it was the HST that captured my heart as a young lad standing watching them whiz past us (me and my grandfather's) along the ECML near Birtley, Co. Durham and I'm still very fond of these quite remarkable Train sets. 

So it is with great pleasure to say that the 125 Group's aim is now coming into fruition, with the agreement of loaning the Loco from the NRM to restore to it's full working glory near to Neville Hill Depot in Leeds.

Here's hoping it's successful and we get to see this unique loco in operation.




To read the official statement from the website Click Here


No comments: