Thursday 25 August 2011

Model Railway Exhibition

I've been really busy at the moment with work giving me very little to blog about, however, with the Bank Holiday Weekend upon us, I am happy to say I will be attending the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Club's Annual Exhibition held at The Parks Sports Centre, North Shields (see here for their website) I'll be visiting with my Grandad on Saturday and hope to catch Chris Heath, who's blog you can find here.
Until then, here's a few pictures that managed to slip the net whilst uploading my photos of my Railway Adventures in and around the Lake District in July. I actually took them whilst visiting the South Lakes Zoo. It's a short 7 1/4 inch miniature railway that runs parallel to the Tiger Enclosure. The train is 50p per ride and all monies raised goes to a charity that ensures the survival of some of the worlds most endangered species of Tigers.


Steam loco 'Guillaura' with a 0-4-0ST+T wheel arrangement awaits it's next
service in the loco shed at the end of the line.


Diesel Loco '4' with a 0-4-0PH wheel arrangement built in 2001


The raised level section which allows better views
into the tiger enclosure


Two of my favorite things in close proximity, Trains and Big Cats.

Until next time.....

No comments: