Tuesday 13 March 2012

Exclusive!

Ok here's a first!

I've just returned from a late night jaunt to Newcastle Central Station to see for the first time ever a Class 390 Pendolino visit the North East. No. 390 055 entered the station at 23:45 and departed 6 minutes later to head south to Kings Cross after beginning its journey at Edinburgh Waverley on a trial run on the ECML.

One of the best looking Trains in the world and at last I've seen one at my home station! Without further ado, heres the pictures from just an hour ago...

Thunderbird Class 57 awaits what we've all come to see...
Class 390 Pendolino no. 390 055 stands for the first time in Newcastle
Central Station



Under the wires of the ECML on its first trial run




Me!


After 6 minutes inside of Central Station the Pendolino now ready
to head south to London Kings Cross
I've seen some wonderful sights past and present in this grand old station I'm proud to call my home, but I must admit this was a massive highlight. I was joined by a few other photographers but I can say I was there that night and one of the first to see what hopefully becomes a more regular visitor to the ECML.

Until next time....

3 comments:

Mainliner said...

Thanks for the interesting report, which I'm reading on the 0755 NCL-KGX, in a lovely spacious and light Mk3 coach ;)

The Pendolinos may look very nice, but as a twice-a-week ECML user, who needs a luggage rack that is actually usable, give me a Mk3/Mk4 any time!

Thanks though, good work!

Mainliner said...

Thanks for the interesting report, which I'm reading on the 0755 NCL-KGX, in a lovely spacious and light Mk3 coach ;)

The Pendolinos may look very nice, but as a twice-a-week ECML user, who needs a luggage rack that is actually usable, give me a Mk3/Mk4 any time!

Thanks though, good work!

model railroad layouts said...

That train look cool but I've never seen model train design of such kind..hmm I guess I need to check out Amazon again.