Wednesday 20 July 2011

Ravensglass & Eskdale Railway

Very excited this morning, had a great day out yesterday at the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway on the south shores of Lake Windermere and today will be going to the wonderful Ravensglass & Eskdale Railway or known locally as La'al Ratty which is a 15 in (381 mm) gauge miniature railway that runs for 7 miles between Ravensglass and Dalegarth stations. It has been many years since I was last here and I'm as excited as I was as a kid back then! Hopefully I'll get to travel on my favourite loco here, River Mite, with her 2-8-2 wheel arrangement as seen below:


River Mite pulls out of Ravenglass Station

Camera's at the ready, pictures to follow when I get back to the laptop.

Until then.....

1 comment:

Chris Heath said...

All aboard Craig, Hope you Gemma are having a wonderful time, despite the rain. Jak and I were at Eskdale station yesterday (Tuesday). We had a cup of tea and a slice of cake, but we just missed the train by five minutes, shame. Never mind I (not Jak) had a treat today I will blog about it tomorrow maybe. All I will say about it is Footplate, Oil and Dirty. You may be jealous.
Chris